Sexual Health West Sussex offers free and confidential sexual health services to all women, men, trans and non-binary individual sex workers.
Our countywide services are delivered by skilled, professional, non-judgemental teams who are here to care, support and advise:
- Self-sampled postal STI testing
- Clinic testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections
- Hepatitis A & B vaccinations
- HPV vaccines for men who have sex with men
- All methods of contraception, including emergency contraception
- Pregnancy testing
- Unplanned pregnancy information and abortion referral
- PEP Post Exposure Prophylaxis, a treatment preventing HIV infection after the virus has entered a person’s body.
- Pre Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) available on the NHS, a course of HIV drugs taken before sex to reduce the risk of getting HIV.
- Free condoms & lubricant Also available to buy via the Freedoms shop (hyperlink)
- Safety advice
Call our Central Booking Line on 01903 285199
- National – Nationaluglymugs
- Chichester, Crawley, Horsham, Mid Sussex – Streetlight
- Worthing, Adur, Arun – Yadauk
- Bognor Regis – mysistershouse
- Brighton & Hove – oasisproject
- Healthwatch: Information on your rights if you have problems getting a GP (family doctor).
In an emergency: Dial 999 for Police, ambulance or fire service.
- Say which service you need.
- State what town / street you are in.
- Follow instructions.
For non- emergency calls to the police: Dial 101 (you may contact us for support with this) or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Safety and Privacy for online sex workers:
Services for trans and non-binary people
- Brighton and Hove – Clinic T
- London – Clinic Q
- Terrence Higgins Trust offer sexual health info for trans-women and sexual health info for trans-men.
- Mind Out offer a range of support, including counselling and advocacy services for LGBTQ community
- Trans Advocacy at Mind Out is for trans and non-binary people or anyone wanting support in relation to theirs or someone else’s gender identity or gender expression.
- LGBT Switchboard offer support services for trans people.
- Clare Project (Brighton &Hove & East Sussex) Peer led Trans support.
Hate crimes & sexual or physical violence
- SWOP for emotional support and advice about reporting options, support to link in with health or support services.
- Safety & National Ugly Mugs.
- If you have been a victim of a hate crime, click here for more information
- LGBT+ service at RISE – Brighton & Hove.
- National LGBT Domestic Violence Helpline offers emotional and practical support for LGBT people experiencing domestic abuse. Freephone 0800 999 5428
- Safe in Sussex – help and support for people affected by domestic abuse in West Sussex
- The Daisy Chain Project – provides pro bono legal advice to men and women experiencing, or fleeing, domestic abuse.
- Helpline for Male victim of domestic abuse
Rape and sexual abuse.
Trans Survivors Helpline is a national helpline for trans people affected by sexual violence.
- SARC (Sexual Assault Referral Centre) offers free support and practical help to anyone in Sussex who has experienced sexual violence and/or sexual abuse
- MSAS (Male Sexual Assault Support) supports men and boys who have experienced sexual assault/abuse
- Rape Crisis Surrey & Sussex.
- International Union of Sex Workers – Affiliated to GMB. Workers in UK sex industry or adult entertainment.
- SWARM Collective – Sex worker rights advocacy – campaigns for improvements in working conditions
- United Sex Workers – UVW (uvwunion.org.uk) – campaigns for improvements in working conditions