Coronavirus (Covid-19): Important information for patients – From Thursday 19.03.2020
In order to limit the spread of coronavirus (Covid-19) we are replacing face-to-face appointments with telephone calls and online services, with immediate effect.
We will no longer be operating our Walk-in and wait service; therefore please do not come into our clinics.
• If you do not have any symptoms but want a check-up you can access STI testing through our online service by clicking the link below.
• If you have an essential or urgent sexual health, contraception or HIV treatment need, please phone 01903 285199 and you will be offered a telephone assessment.
• If you already have a booked appointment we will contact you by telephone as close to your appointment time as possible. Please do not come into clinic but make sure your phone is switched on and you are in a quiet place where you can talk.
• If you are HIV positive and worried about your risk of coronavirus there is currently no evidence that people living with HIV are at any greater risk of either getting the coronavirus or becoming more unwell with the virus. You do not need to attend clinic for blood tests to check your CD4 count. Please follow current NHS advice about how to protect yourself from coronavirus.
HPV and Hepatitis vaccines are not urgent and can be postponed.
If you are awaiting results please be aware that results are taking longer than normal. Results may take two weeks or more to become available. You will be contacted when the results are available; you DO NOT need to call us for your results.
If you have a new continuous cough, high temperature or have been in close contact with someone diagnosed with coronavirus:
• Stay at home and avoid close contact with people
• DO NOT come to this clinic, your GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital
• Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response to find out what to do next. They will tell you whether you need to stay at home (self-isolate) or if you need medical help.