Only pre-selected candidates will eligible for this service
Before commencing this service there are things you should be aware of.
- All your sensitive/confidential information will be treated securely.
- Your Skype® appointment is booked and documented in the same way as a face-to-face consultation. We will not store a recording of the call.
- If you wish to record the session on a personal device, we request you inform the clinician before the appointment.
- We are unable to provide consultations using other video call platforms (e.g. FaceTime, WhatsApp)
- Poor quality internet connections can interfere with the quality of the video conference. Please ensure the internet connection in the location you wish to hold the appointment is adequate.
- You can opt out of using this service at any time. If you wish to do so, please contact your care professional and ask to opt out of Skype® communication.
- Skype® provides their service for free, we don’t have a contract with them or any way of ensuring the reliability, quality or security of the service on your personal devices.
- We are unable to provide tech support for Skype®. You are responsible for the account set up and maintenance. For account set up and help, please refer to Skype® directly
- Skype® must only be used for voice and video conversations. Instant Messaging and file transfer services MUST NOT be used at any time with your clinician.
- Online services send data across the internet in an encrypted format, however we can not guarantee that this method of communication is 100% secure.
Skype® account information
- Prepare for the video call at least 15 minutes before the appointment starts to ensure there are no technical issues.
- Connect to Wi-Fi, if you can, so you are not using your own data allowance.
- Make yourself comfortable in a private and quiet room, where you will not be overheard or disturbed.
- The clinician will also be in a private room for the appointment.
- If using a PC please check the webcam/camera, microphone and speakers are fully functional
- The clinician will run through a few security questions and ask if you are happy to continue.
- At the end the clinician will exit the appointment and close the session.